Monday 30 January 2012

Day 30 - Long-lasting Lisianthus!

This vase of flowers has been on my windowsill for about 2 weeks, which is quite a long time for lisianthus to stay alive! Its a flower I love - the thin, papery petals all wrapped around into a tight, pointed bud that looks like it might have come straight from a fairy tale illustration; the open, cup-shaped flowers in deep purple, pink, cream and white (pure or edged with colour); the long, slender stems and elongated heart-shaped leaves ... I buy them in season, even if I don't expect them to last long. I can't resist them! But these have been great and sit well with my lilac/ purple/silver twisted sticks and dangly, shiny thing that I got from Tesco for a quid!


I might try to grow some, actually ... !!

No comments:

Post a Comment