Tuesday 3 January 2012

Day 3 - Festive Lessons

I enjoyed the 2011 festive season: I felt good in myself throughout Christmas and New Year, saw lots of my dear family, felt loved and valued on my birthday, spent precious time with my son, shared moments of real, deep affection with my husband, to whom showing his feelings does not come easily!

However, I also felt a few lessons were there for the learning ... and never being one to miss a learning opportunity, I thought I would make that my focus for today's photo-journal entry. I won't go into details about the background of each point below, nor even why this photo of our lounge/diner triggers these thoughts for me, but this is the shot that best reflects my feelings today.


Lesson 1 - Your family are important to you; make sure they know that
Lesson 2 - Today's present is tomorrow's past; don't let it be one you regret
Lesson 3 - Your home reflects how you feel about yourself; you might want to take a good look at that!
Lesson 4 - You have done a lot of good things in your life; remember that and forgive the poor choices you may have made
Lesson 5 - You are loved and valued by many people ... and these are people whose opinions you trust!

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely room full of warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Su - yes it is a nice, cosy room! (A little untidier than usual, but hey ... it's Christmas mess, so that's ok!!)
    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. wise and sage, my friend..love the room, it's very homely and comfortable looking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lessons worth learning, Val. There's a couple of those that I need reminding of, so thank you. Your living room looks lovely; I love the muted red and green colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete