Thursday 19 January 2012

Day 19 - How FlyLady Has Helped Me

This 365-day photo challenge is, in part, a record of my journey back into a "normal" life after a long period of depression; one of the things that have helped me get to this stage of recovery is finding a house cleaning (or "house-blessing") system, known as FlyLady. Before discovering this US-based internet site, my house was not exactly dirty or messy, but housework did often overwhelm me and leave me feeling worse about myself.

Finding a system that allowed me to tackle daily chores, weekly tasks, monthly "zones" and major de-cluttering - while introducing me to some very nice women (it is a predominantly female membership, although there are some men, too) from around the world - has helped me regain control of my house, feel better about my own abilities and commitment, and learn to value the work I do as a housewife. This smart and clean dining area (with fresh flowers in the window!) shows how far I've come ... as my dining table always used to be covered in "stuff", mostly unsorted paperwork and other rubbish!


Outside, you can see the somewhat less organise and presentable garden ... which is one of the next areas I hope to tackle, this year!

And now, here is the culprit that caused so much stump-ification from yesterday's "Midweek Mystery" shot! Yes, it was my feather duster!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of looking at housework from a different perspective as 'house blessing' rather than a never-ending chore. I must try to make that mental shift myself!

    ReplyDelete