Sunday 1 January 2012

Day 1 - Happy New Year!

2011 was a good year for me. I worked very hard at bringing myself out of the depression that had dogged me for the previous two years (and for much of my life before that, on and off). I chose not to use medication, but to investigate and deal with the causes of my mental health condition; the love and support of my family and friends - plus some well-chosen "self-help" books - bolstered my sterling efforts and brought me to the happy place in which I bid farewell to a (for me) momentous year.

It was also the year in which, with a lot of help from a system know as FlyLady, I regained control of my home, which had become messy, cluttered and apparently unloved ... a reflection of my state of mind! While being thrilled with that progress and the knowledge that my home need never be in that state again, I am now ready to move forward and learn to fully embrace life again. So, as the festive celebrations came to an end, I wrote a list of "intentions" (a much kinder word than "resolutions") for myself for 2012.


A lot of the things on this list are things I would have liked to have done last year, but I wasn't quite ready to commit to them ... I am now!

2012 ... bring it on!

6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of regaining your home, I often find that regaining one room means that another has been taken over!
    And FlyLady sounds like an excellent system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked for me, Su ... and thousands of others!! Thanks for commenting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm delighted you've started a 365 project, Val. I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it. I like the dramatic lighting in the shot, and I like the inclusion of the party blower - a nice touch. Happy New Year. I reckon there'll be no stopping either of us in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, it a party blower? thought it was a pipe or something..i'm glad you started this too, though your list is extensive..i'm just testing to see if i can comment really

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, dear one ... it's lovely to see you commenting here xx

    ReplyDelete