Thursday 26 January 2012

Day 26 - Meditation in Blue

Ok, so this is a bit of a cheat, in as much as I actually took the photo yesterday to submit to a low-key weekly internet photo challenge. I haven't sent them anything for months (kept forgetting) but this week's theme was "Religion" (to be interpreted however we wished) and I was inspired to create this. (I did consider re-creating it and re-shooting it today, as I have a big thing about not cheating ... but decided that would be just too anal even for me to justify!!)


The little buddha is in blue resin and I've had him for years; he is sitting on a table mat in front of a painting by my lovely sister, Barbara, which she sent for my birthday a couple of years ago. I raised the buddha up to position him just in front of the "divine" light and placed a tea light behind him for illumination. I was very pleased with the result!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Val - very atmospheric. I like how you've positioned the Buddha perfectly against the big circle in the painting so he looks like he's got a halo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen - I really enjoyed setting this one up and yes, I love the result too! :-))

      Delete