Friday 20 January 2012

Day 20 - Before and After (Garden Steps)

I like "before-and-after" photos ... and I think they are entirely appropriate to the running theme of this 365-day blog, which is to record my emergence back into light and life! So this may become an occasional series, probably mostly garden/allotment shots. Today's offering is a before-and-after of our garden steps ... the first clearly showing they are the steps of a depressed person; the second (hopefully) showing that they belong to someone who is feeling much brighter and having a go!

It took less than an hour and made such a difference, I'm really glad I talked myself into doing it!! And yes, I did even scrub the tiles!! They're rather nice, aren't they ... the previous owners of this house loved Spain and all things Spanish, and apparently these tiles were shipped here from Spain. Very nice! :-))

6 comments:

  1. wow! amazing difference! well done val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon ... I'm feeling very virtuous now! :-D

      Delete
  2. Gosh, what a difference an hour makes! It must make you feel good every time you look at them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spiffo and STUNNING really. steps are SO evocative: mystery and transition. WELL worth the effort... xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Lori ... how I miss your wonderful way of looking at things! xxx

      Delete